Lessons from mere Sentences...

Lately, I have been obsessing about contemporary Indian authors. Some books turned out to be cliffhangers, some utterly bewildering and many, thoroughly enjoyable. So in this obsessive phase of mine, I came across a very touching book.

"Sister of my Heart" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.

A couple of sentences from the book struck a chord with me and I would like to share it with all of you.
Mini lessons, shall we call them?
____________________________________________________________________

"You must make your own happiness. You must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes. And if it doesn't come in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well"

"I was sad, but not unhappy"

"Perhaps it is just that desire lies at the heart of human existence. When we turn away from one desire, we must find another to cleave to with all our strength"

"Because that's the thing about us human beings when we really love someone, we can be happy even while out heart is breaking"

"Don't regret what you can't change"

"I promised myself I would no longer place my hopes on a happiness that was held in someone else's hand"

"But sometimes the only way to healing is through the corridor of pain"

"But then, love is never about deserving, is it? Nor is hate"

"If there is one thing his story has taught me, it is that when all the dross is melted away from the human heart, only gold remains"

and finally, the sentence that is so simple, yet means so much...

"I love her because I love her"
____________________________________________________________________

Pick the book up when you get the chance... It was simply amazing!

2 thoughts:

in4sight said...

"I promised myself I would no longer place my hopes on a happiness that was held in someone else's hand"... Love it! :)

Vani said...

nice quotes...I read the book, and really liked it, did u get to read the sequel, "The vine of desire"?

 

About Me!

To escape from the humdrum existence people call "life", I explore the jungle of my mind. A meandering path, with thoughts as my obstacles. I put aside the smiling face of my mother, snapshots of holidays with friends, lost memories of my childhood... All in an attempt to find answers to my branching questions.

Free CSS Template by CSSHeaven.org TNB