"Kabhi Kabhi"

Here I am... In the country that I was born... The country where I've spent only eight years of my life. India.

And its been a blast! Watching movies, relaxing with my grandparents while I listen to my grandma tell me stories of when she was young, gossiping with cousins, eating roadside chaat and meeting old friends...

But the reason for this post is not to tell you about my India experience. But the reason for this entry is a song... That has been playing over and over again on every television set here in every home.

"Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi" from the movie "Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na"

So what is it about the song?

Does it have the high pitched notes of the flute, the soft sound of the water fall, the sob of a violin or the faint thud of a tabla? Like the songs "Maula Mera Maula" and "Javeda Zindagi" from "Anwar"? No... it doesn't...

Does it have deep meaningful lyrics like the song "Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh" from "Dil Apna Preet Paraya"? Does it have the "old is gold" tab linked to it? No... it doesn't...

Does it have trendy beats and fast music like the song "Ya Ali" from "Gangster"? No... it doesn't...

Does it have Hrithik Roshan pining away for his love like in the song "Tum Se Mujhe" from "Na Tum Jaano Na Hum"? No... it doesn't...

So, then what is it bout this song that has made me fall in love with it and has managed to make it into my list of top songs?
Maybe its because I've heard it so many times that its been hammered into my brain and I've been forced to fall in love with it. Or maybe because the simplicity of the song and music has stolen my heart...

It carries a simple message of how life always has a bright side, despite the troubles and pain it may give us. A simple message where a small smile can bring unimaginable amounts of happiness.

And to always remember... that when you feel like you have no hope left in life and nothing seems to be going right, then you will always have someone that loves you so much that it will make everything alright... Their love will make everything alright...

So, its just this simplicity that made me write this entry... And I hope that you will listen to this song and enjoy it as much as I do...

1 thoughts:

Vani said...

ooo....very cute song. hmmm.....:)

True...one person makes all the difference...

 

About Me!

To escape from the humdrum existence people call "life", I explore the jungle of my mind. A meandering path, with thoughts as my obstacles. I put aside the smiling face of my mother, snapshots of holidays with friends, lost memories of my childhood... All in an attempt to find answers to my branching questions.

Free CSS Template by CSSHeaven.org TNB