Russett Death

The only joy and consolation-
stored in a bottle,
The voracious thirst yearns for it-
refusing to settle,
The liquid rushes down the ravine-
drenching the desire,
The intoxication spreads like venom-
quenching the fire,
The knot of contemplation turns numb-
detecting nothing,
The slurred words roll of the tongue-
meaning nothing,
The whiff of breath scathes the nostrils-
piercing knife!
The uncontrollable stagger leads nowhere-
rotting life!
The sightless eyes fight back sleep-
for so many days,
The smirk spreads across the sunken face-
as the body sways,
The sand granules stream down-
no more time to borrow,
The being ceases to exist-
drowned in sorrow.

4 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Very Good poem.But What does Russett Death MEAN.I know Russett means Brown cloth or a baked potato.

Zephyr said...

Well, i don't know about baked potato, but the "brown" part was right. Russet is defined as a color that is yellowish brown, light brown, or reddish brown.

Vani said...

nicee poem...i remember u showing it to me before, but now dat I read it again, I like it more...

Hershal said...

numb out of wonder....

i liked this too....elegantly written,

"To escape from the humdrum existence people call "life", I explore the jungle of my mind. A meandering path, with thoughts as my obstacles. I put aside the smiling face of my mother, snapshots of holidays with friends, lost memories of my childhood... All in an attempt to find answers to my branching questions"

 

About Me!

To escape from the humdrum existence people call "life", I explore the jungle of my mind. A meandering path, with thoughts as my obstacles. I put aside the smiling face of my mother, snapshots of holidays with friends, lost memories of my childhood... All in an attempt to find answers to my branching questions.

Free CSS Template by CSSHeaven.org TNB