What Had Once Occured...


A parched desert it was thought to be,
The ample water they had failed to see.
The saline liquid blocked by the fragile wall,
Prepared to rupture at a swift storms call.

The salty stream would then flow upon,
The broken earth, from dusk to dawn.
An awful catastrophe, everything is undone,
Yet it would dissolve as quickly as it had come.

This desolate terrain the travelers now evade,
Knowing well their misfortune if they stayed.
The marks of the tragedy once occured,
Never spoken about, not even a word.

The wastes of the event still do remain,
A scar never faded, tried to obliterate in vain.
It was a matter of getting accustomed to,
Helpless humans, nothing they could do.

"Could be much worse"-was their belief,
In this unsettling thought lay their sole relief.
They were thankful for what they were given,
For their aimless lives, they went on living.

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

very nice work!

Kunal said...

mesmerizing...

 

About Me!

To escape from the humdrum existence people call "life", I explore the jungle of my mind. A meandering path, with thoughts as my obstacles. I put aside the smiling face of my mother, snapshots of holidays with friends, lost memories of my childhood... All in an attempt to find answers to my branching questions.

Free CSS Template by CSSHeaven.org TNB