My dreams are all I want...

myspace backgrounds imagesI began it, because I thought that was what I wanted.
I ended it, because I did not want it.
Call it a realization, an experience, or a lesson learnt…
But I now know what I do not want…

I am being reeled backwards, into a past that I have long forgotten. A past that was minuscule and irrelevant… A chapter of my life that I thought was impractical and ridiculous…
But it is from that stage I have learnt so many things from, and am still learning because I have thrust myself back into it.
It taught me about passion, obsession, dedication, motivation, focus and perseverance.
It is teaching me how to follow, fulfill and live my dream.

A gentle smile creeps up on my face as these words form before my eyes, because it appears that I have learnt all these things from someone…
Yes, it is true… I have molded someone in my mind according to my liking and have blown them into existence.
Someone that I long to know completely but will probably never… Someone that I do not actually want to know because of the fear that will shatter my carefully molded being… Someone that I have forgotten for a while, but who has been bought back because of my newfound freedom.

It is this freedom that I desired… It is these dreams that I want… It is these lessons that I need…

4 thoughts:

Vani said...

well...hmm...interesting.

The first phrase talks...of one thing.
The rest of the poem about something(thing?..haha i think saying thing wud be the wrong thing to say ;)) else...

whatever u experienced teaches...whatever u imagine also teaches something...go on dreaming'...

Anonymous said...

the freedom to dream and learn on your own. its an amazing feeling.

Anonymous said...

yeah this was what you were saying right?

in4sight said...

wow...

i guess it comes down to whether you want to keep your perfect mental image or run the risk of knowing the real thing... reality is always better than fiction...

 

About Me!

To escape from the humdrum existence people call "life", I explore the jungle of my mind. A meandering path, with thoughts as my obstacles. I put aside the smiling face of my mother, snapshots of holidays with friends, lost memories of my childhood... All in an attempt to find answers to my branching questions.

Free CSS Template by CSSHeaven.org TNB