Essence


Another event.
Another futile attempt.
Another fusion of dulcet words.
Another manifestation of my perception.
___________________________________________________________________

There exists in this world,
an unfulfilled soul.
Flitting,
from one notion to the next,
in pursuit of an elucidation.

It is unsuccessful in comprehending,
the delight and despair presented.
It is blinded by its hunt,
for impeccability in this world.

It is engulfed by avarice,
to desire only pleasure
from the luminous reflection
of another,
similar to itself.

It is to stay vexed,
till that juncture in time,
where it will learn
to embrace the bitter and the sweet.

The quest to fathom
the essence of an emotion
is an ordeal like no other.
for there is nothing to affirm
the wishes will cease to exist.

Acquiescence,
that it is an inescapable part,
of the voyage
is a divine realization in itself.

4 thoughts:

Vani said...

interesting poem...
nicee template...ur my inspiration...i figured out how to put it up at last...

Anonymous said...

i'm likin the new look! and the poem... superb!

Vani said...

yo i read dis poem again....nd i really really like it. I went through it like line by line for like 15 min...it was very interesting...

Hashim said...

Truly remarkable!
Your narrations r quite succinct.. n thus its pleasure reading 'em!
Keep spawning them.. :)
Tc

 

About Me!

To escape from the humdrum existence people call "life", I explore the jungle of my mind. A meandering path, with thoughts as my obstacles. I put aside the smiling face of my mother, snapshots of holidays with friends, lost memories of my childhood... All in an attempt to find answers to my branching questions.

Free CSS Template by CSSHeaven.org TNB