Like “Raindrops on Roses”- Things that make me HAPPY!

The giggles of babies, the way they squeal with delight when you tickle them, the way they put their arms around your neck and their head on your shoulders when they are really tired, the way they clap their plump, dimpled hands together when they discover something new, their wobbly steps when they are learning to walk for the first time…

Sitting next to the window, listening to the pitter patter of the raindrops against the glass, the way it fogs up the window, the breeze lifting the tree branches, curling up with a good book on the sofa, with soft music playing in the background, “Maula Mere Maula” or “Javeda Zindagi”, listening to the steady beat of the tabla, the plucking of the sitar strings, the sorrowful sob of the violin… No, I’m not the kind of girl who would want to run out into the rain and “play in it”…

Singing certain paragraphs from songs over and over again, until I’m completely sick of it. My most recent obsession is the song from “Na Tum Jaano Na Hum”

Tum, se mujhe pyaar kyun hogaya.
Tum, na mile aur mein khogaya.
Tum, meri khwaabon se jaa na sake.
Tum, meri baahon mein aa na sake.

layouts myspace



And of course… the paragraph that I haven’t gotten sick of till date, is from the movie “Dil Apna Preet Paraya”, sung by Lata Mangeshkar (simply superb!)

Ajeeb dastaan hain yeh.
Kahan shuru kahan khatam.
Yeh manzile hain kaun si.
Na voh samaj sake na hum.
Kisika pyaar leke tum.
Naya jahan basaoge.
Yeh shyam jab bhi aayegi.
Tum humko yaad aaoge.

And as geeky as it sounds, I love the feeling I get when a program I’ve worked on for a while compiles without any errors and gives me exactly the results I want. It’s definitely the best reward for those painstaking hours of thinking up algorithms, lining up brackets, making sure you haven’t missed any, and spending hours in front of the computer until you think your eyes are going to pop out…

Hmm… there must be a lot more things… but so far, these are the things that I can think of… :-)

3 thoughts:

Vani said...

OMG....dis is exacty wht i was gonna do...i even started listing some things...weird...hahaha

Anonymous said...

Yeh roshni ke saath kyun
Dhua uta chiraag se
yeh khwaab dekthi hun mein
Ke jag padi hun khwaab se

Ajeeb Dastaan Hain Yeh...

Mubarakein tumhein ke tum
kisi ke noor hogaye
kisi ke itne paas ho
ke sab se door hogaye

Ajeeb Dastaan Hain Yeh...
;-)

Anonymous said...

"No, I’m not the kind of girl who would want to run out into the rain and “play in it"" hahahaha

 

About Me!

To escape from the humdrum existence people call "life", I explore the jungle of my mind. A meandering path, with thoughts as my obstacles. I put aside the smiling face of my mother, snapshots of holidays with friends, lost memories of my childhood... All in an attempt to find answers to my branching questions.

Free CSS Template by CSSHeaven.org TNB